Dr. Bilu Mathew, DDS, DIDIA
Dr. Bilu Mathew’s goals are to build lifetime relationships with his patients, and help them create and maintain healthy, beautiful smiles. His ability to listen, and commitment to care for people are qualities instilled in him throughout his upbringing.
Dr. Bilu Mathew is originally from Floral Park, New York. He attended Binghamton University to receive his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology. He then went on to the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine to receive his DDS Degree. He received an award from the Pierre Fauchard Academy to recognize his achievements in Dentistry and Service. He also received an award from the Academy of Operative Dentistry for outstanding achievements in Operative Dentistry. Another award he received was from the AACD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) for which he accomplished the BEST cosmetic result for his patient as compared to other excellent results achieved by his peers.
Dr. Bilu Mathew decided to pursue his General Practice Residency at the prestigious North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. (Currently part of the the Northwell Health System). During his residency, he was able to hone his skills to be able to deliver all modalities of dental treatment. He is highly skilled in Root Canal Therapy, Cosmetic Dentistry, Advanced Crown and Bridge work, Soft Tissue Management and Periodontal Therapy, as well as Orthodontic treatment. He was hand picked by the Residency Director and adjunct faculty to complete a 2 year Fellowship in the Surgical Placement of Dental Implants and Advanced Prosthetics. Over those two years, he learned advanced surgical skills in dental implant placement, Sinus grafting and augmentation, Dental ridge and socket preservation, in addition to designing advanced prosthetics that are implant supported.
During his residency, him and his wife Dr. Julie Mathew completed mission work in Ghana, Africa to provide dental services to the indigenous and underserved people in the community there. He was able to serve, talk, sing and dance with the people there. This was one of the most life changing experiences in his life. He realized that serving people and caring for their health was truly what he enjoyed in life the most.
Dr. Bilu Mathew and Dr Julie Mathew decided to go into private practice together and formed Mathew Dental Group in 2007. Dr. Bilu Mathew is passionate about providing the highest quality of dental care. He understands the importance of staying on the cutting edge of dental technology to improve and perfect results for his patients. Even after all his extensive study, Dr. Mathew is always attending continuing education to provide his patients the very best dentistry has to offer.
Dr. Bilu Mathew is a graduate of Rondeau Seminars where he learned Straight Wire Orthodontics. He is a graduate of Implant Seminars which a very rigorous continuum in Advanced Dental Implant Surgery and Bony Ridge Augmentation. He was mentored by Dr. Arun Garg who is a world renowned speaker, innovator and educator. Through Implant Seminars, Dr. Bilu Mathew became a Diplomate of the International Dental Implant Association. Dr. Bilu Mathew is also a member of an elite group of dentists that graduated from the prestigious Dawson Academy. Through this Academy, Dr. Mathew learned systems that will guarantee predictability, longevity and beauty in the dentistry provided to all his patients. Dr. Bilu Mathew is a graduate of the Pinhole Academy where he was directly trained by Dr. John Chao who is the inventor of the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST). PST is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure to correct gum recession that can lead to early tooth loss and severe cosmetic problems. He is one of only a few dentists approved to provide this service for patients who severely suffer from gum recession and sensitivity.
Dr. Bilu Mathew is dedicated to serve his patients to help them accomplish their goals. If you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Bilu Mathew
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Binghamton University
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency, the prestigious North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. (Currently part of the Northwell Health System) ● Honed his Skills to be able to deliver All Modalities of Dental Treatment
- Completed 2 Year Fellowship in the Surgical Placement of Dental Implants and Advanced Prosthetics. ● Hand Picked by the Residency Director and Adjunct Faculty ● Studied: – Advanced Surgical Skills in Dental Implant Placement – Sinus Grafting and Augmentation – Dental Ridge and Socket Preservation – Designing Advanced Prosthetics that are Implant Supported
ADVANCED POST-GRADUATE EDUCATION
- Straight Wire Orthodontics , Graduate of Rondeau Seminars
- Advanced Dental Implant Surgery and Bony Ridge Augmentation, Graduate of Implant Seminars ● Mentored by Dr. Arun Garg, World Renowned Speaker, Innovator and Educator ● Awarded DIPLOMATE of the International Dental Implant Association
- Member of an Elite Group of Dentists that Graduated from the Prestigious Dawson Academy. ● Learned systems that will Guarantee Predictability, Longevity and Beauty in the Dentistry Provided to all his Patients
- Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST), Graduate of the Pinhole Academy ● Directly trained by Dr. John Chao, inventor of PST, a Scalpel-free, Suture-free procedure to Correct Gum Recession that can lead to early tooth loss and severe cosmetic problems. ● One of only a Few Dentists Approved to Provide this service for patients who severely suffer from gum recession and sensitivity
HIGHLY SKILLED & EXCELS IN THE FIELDS OF:
- Surgical Implant Placement
- Root Canal Therapy
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Advanced Crown and Bridge Work
- Soft Tissue Management and Periodontal Therapy
- Orthodontic Treatment
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Award from the Pierre Fauchard Academy in Recognition for his Achievements in Dentistry and Service
- Award from the Academy of Operative Dentistry for Outstanding Achievements in Operative Dentistry
- Award received from the AACD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) for BEST Cosmetic Result for his Patient as compared to other excellent results achieved by his peers
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- International Association for Orthodontics (IAO)
- DIPLOMATE , International Dental Implant Association (IDIA)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)